Thursday, February 28, 2008

Metablogging

There's no doubt that by the time I've heard about something cool on the Internet, it has ceased to be cool. At a minimum, it is passe. Or, typically, it has degenerated into the existence of a crackhead, staggering toward death in a perpetually futile quest to recapture the feeling of that first high.

So when I come across a blog where the daily comments reach into the hundreds, I know I'm late to the party.

This blog -- Stuff White People Like -- might be following that rule. Its posts already draw hundreds of comments, so it's popular enough for me to hear of it, meaning it lost its cool luster some time ago.

Or maybe it's an exception. Let's watch for awhile and see. In any case, I'm white and I like the blog. So maybe the authors should write about their own blog.

Oh, yeah: It has nothing to do with cycling.

- JN

No comments: