Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Essence of Commuting

Here are just a few of the things that crossed my mind -- or, more precisely, my nose -- on my ride to work this morning:

(Dipping into Euclid Creek Parkway) Hmm ... somebody's roasting coffee.

(A bit farther down, where a guy was getting into his car at least 50 feet away from me) Ahh -- that new-car smell!

(On Dille:) Ugh! That's some serious antifreeze stink. That car is on its last leg.

(At Lakeshore:) Mmmm! Kentucky Fried Chicken!

(In Bratenahl:) Mmm-MM! Bacon!

(Developing theme there? You're right -- I didn't have breakfast. Had to fast for a cholesterol-test blood draw. - ed.)

(Slightly farther into Bratenahl:) Eew! Skunk somewhere!

For better or worse, these are some of the little things commuters in their cars miss.

- JN

No comments: